South East Food Project : South East Food
South East Food
The South East Food Project, which aims to grow the regional local food economy, began as a joint project under Sustaining Our Towns and SCPA - South East Producers, and later became the responsibility of SCPA.
The South East Food Discussion Paper sets out the barriers to growing the local food economy and the strategies to address those barriers. The South East Food Plan sets out the strategies to increase local food production, improve local food supply, and increase local food consumption.
To implement the plan we:
- Collaborate with SAGE (Sustainable Agriculture and Gardening Eurobodalla) and with Permaculture eXchange which operates in the Palerang, ACT and Cooma Monaro areas, to promote opportunities for producers in the wider region.
- Use SCPA News to give support and inspiration to local producers and to other producers who might consider moving to the region.
- Run the SCPA Markets, support the Tilba Market, and promote other local food markets in the region.
- Support and promote shop-based provedores who source local produce and support local producers, including Sweet Home Cobargo in Cobargo, Sprout Eden in Eden, Pappy's in Bega.
- Assist producers to collaborate in getting product to outlets or creating new outlets.
- Promote local producers and local food through displays at local events including agricultural shows, markets and festivals.
Any enquiries to South East Food please email email@example.com
back to top